Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Long time since I was here last! Let me catch up all up.

Wednesday was a pretty low key day. Not too much happened until Elisa and I went to the camp to help prep for the kids camp that was this weekend. It was dark when we were walking back, and as you may have seen in some previous pictures, the walk back is through as pasture. When it is dark out there...it is very dark! The moon was completely not there either so our light was the stars. Those little guys aren't too much help. During that little adventure I learned that I really dn't like walking through pokey pastures in the dark. Elisa was leading the way and sometimes would walk straight into a bush. Haha. Comic relief! We got lost for a couple minutes.  And one time we went under a wire fence only to realize that it was the wrong one. But after we corrected that mistake we were well on our way back home. That night Psycho was on TV. I had no idea that it was made in 1998! I thought it was a 80s film. And Vince Vaughn is the lead role! The movie was terrible too! How did it get so popular?? If a scary movie didn't even scare me, you know it was no good.

Thursday I went to Villa Maria for the second time. I visited my new friend Lali this time. We made a cake at her apartment. I was amazed at how she would just pour the ingredients in the bowl without measuring anything! And she let me add an extra egg just because she figured I wanted to crack one too. How did she know? We went into the center to shop a little, and then we visited Andres and Marcos at the coolest house ever. Here are some pics!
Torta!

The view of the awesome house from the street

It was difficult to take a picture of the front, but here it is!!

Around the left side is the entrance.

Isn't this awesome! Oooold books still just there!

Old typewriter

Old Argentine flag that I want!

These are the old books in Spanish. 


Friday and Saturday I helped at the kids camp. Really I was more like the entertainment for the kids. They would crowd around me and ask me all kinds of questions like "Are you really from the US?" "Can you speak English?" and the classic "How does you say _____ in English?" I also love it when they would ask me what my name is, and when I would tell them they would just kind of stare at me then walk away because my name is difficult to say here. haha. I slept in a cabin and the girls in that cabin were so sweet. They would actually get jealous if I talked with another cabin or ate with someone besides them. I had to leave Saturday night before the camp ended and they did not want me to go! They gave me little gifts and a millions kisses!! It took me about 15 minutes to get out of the camp because the kids kept giving me kisses! It was so cute and I felt so loved!
The sign the girls made for our door. "The Mermaids"

The cabin

My Good-bye party! haha


Sunday and Monday I went to Leones to visit Lali in her home town. Leones has just 10,000 people. So it would be more like Sulphur Springs I guess. We went to a fair type thing...like Fall Festival with rides and things to buy. Then we visited some of here friends and drank maté. That night we went to a concert of Abel Pinto. I didn't understand all of every song, but I understood enough to get a little crush on him now! It was very romantic. He could be like the John Mayer of Argentina - tall and skinny and just about every song would make any girls heart melt! Monday Lali gave me a little tour of her town.

Lali and I ready to go out!

Abel Pinto

Cemetary

House

Ice Cream Shop

Hospital

Sorry for any errors! I am getting ready to leave for Cordoba and I still need to take a shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment